For the past week, Cecily & I have been on a 30 Day Challenge to help get ourselves back on track & living healthier lifestyles. One of the main things I’ve been doing throughout this journey is drinking smoothies. Smoothies are an easy & quick way to get a bunch of powerful nutrients in a short amount of time.
The key is to stick to fresh vegetable & fruits. I prefer to drink mainly vegetable smoothies. Fruits are high in sugar and can cause weight gain if you are drinking them excessively.
A Few Benefits of Drinking Smoothies
- Helps improve overall appearance of your skin
- Helps reduce bloating by removing excess waste from the body( in other words drinking a green smoothie every day will cleanse your colon)
- Gives you more energy
- Curbs appetite
My Favorite Green Smoothie
- 1/2 of an avocado
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of kale
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 pineapple slice
- 2 cups of water
This is a recipe that I made up. I drink this smoothie at least once per day. Usually when I wake up around 6:30 am, I’ll make this smoothie. This keeps me full until I get to work around 8-9. Occasionally, I will switch it up and add a few cucumbers, use almond milk or an apple instead of a banana. The main ingredients that I try to stick to are Avocado, Spinach & Kale.
Why you ask?
- Avocado is a healthy fat. It helps keep you full longer and it has amazing anti- aging properties that are great for healthy skin. However, because it is high in fat I only use a small amount in my smoothies.
- Kale is low in calories, high in fiber and has zero fat. It’s also packed with iron, Vitamins and antioxidants.
- Spinach, similar to kale is loaded with vitamins & minerals. It is also a great way to naturally boost energy levels.
I absolutely love this recipe. It is certainly something I look forward to each morning!
What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes? Let us know below.
Follow SewingStardom Here//