The other day I posted this photo on IG and asked the question,” what’s your purpose?” The response I received was pretty interesting. Very few people commented. However, one person who did asked,“How do I find it?”.
First, let me start by saying I’m by no means an expert in this department. If you’ve been following SewingStardom for a while you probably know that, “I don’t have the answers” #kanyevoice if you haven’t been following, let me warn you, I don’t know it all. I’m still trying to figure it out as well. However, I do have a few ideas and helpful tips that I would like to share that have helped me grow into the place that I’m at right now. I’ve discovered my purpose, but I’m still trying to figure out how to make it a part of my regular lifestyle. Keep reading below to see learn a few of my tips for finding your purpose.
1. It doesn’t have to be a craft : I think most people assume that our purpose has to be a skill or craft, like dancing, acting, singing or creating art. Let’s be honest though, not everyone has a skill or craft. If so, the entire planet would be walking around doing the same things. Sometimes it can be a calling. For example, I believe that my purpose is to inspire others. That’s the whole point of all of this, the blog, the youtube channel, etc. I love the feeling I get when I help someone with a hair issue, fitness tips or putting together an outfit. Although, my actual craft may be considered being a “stylist” I know that my purpose is more than dressing people. Don’t limit yourself to fit into a box or label.
2. Ask your self,” what’s one thing I can do every single day even if I don’t get paid for it?” I knew that my purpose was to inspire others once I noticed that I did it every where I went. I could be at a club, but if the opportunity presented itself I would find myself chatting with women about natural hair or fashion. From the moment I wake up from the time I go to bed I am constantly trying to inspire others to look better & feel better. I also love the feeling that I get through doing this. You will know when you’ve found your purpose because you will feel a natural high off life. When you are smiling at just the mere thought of doing what you love that’s how you’ll know it’s more than a hobby it’s a passion!
“I have dreams of moving to Cali, opening my own business that will allow me to inspire women everywhere and traveling the world. I truly believe all these are possible. It’s just a matter of how bad I want it I may fail, but that won’t stop me from trying!”
3. Ask the opinions of people you know and people you don’t know. I know many of us like to have the mentality like, ” I don’t care what other think about me”. Sometimes we should , not ever critic is a hater. There’s some truth to the perception you give off. Asking your friends and family, “what could you see me doing or what do I get the most excited about? ” could be very helpful in figuring all this out.
4. Go with the flow: if you have seven different hobbies that you love doing… Do them all. Don’t say, I can’t be a photographer because I’m already a dancer. Or I can’t be a writer and a hair stylist. Yes you can! People just like you are doing it. Believe in yourself and don’t put limits on your abilities. If god, put that’s desire in your heart, it’s there for a reason, he wouldn’t have put that desire in your heart with out giving you a way to fulfill it! … Sometimes your purpose may be something you never imagined you’d be doing. It may terrify you to death, but for some reason you have a gut feeling telling you to do it anyway. So, just do it! It may not be perfect the very first time you try, but you will get better just keep going!
5. “Ask GOD for help…”. If you aren’t sure what your calling is…that’s okay. Not everyone will know right away, but at times when I feel confused I always go to GOD. As of lately, my faith has been growing more and more. I can honestly say that all the confidence I have in living my purpose comes through him. If you aren’t a believer of GOD that’s fine. However, sometimes it helps to put your burdens and worries into the hands of the universe rather than trying to deal with it alone 🙂 . I hope I don’t sound like I’m preaching to you guys, but my faith is growing & I can’t help but share it!
Have you found your purpose? Are you still looking? Please share your tips or stories below, I’d love to hear from you.
Stay tuned for the next post, “Cultivating & Walking in Your Purpose”!
With Love xoxo,